Skip to main content

Someone to come home to

It was very difficult to live 800 miles away from my honey-bun.  We'd call each other on the phone pretty much every day, we'd text constantly, and we even visited each other a couple times despite the long distance.  So, it's such a wonderful thing to finally have him with me.  The number of minutes I've used on my cell phone has decreased by about 99%.

What's so wonderful about having that special someone to come home to?  There are so many things, let me see if I can name a few.  As seen in the photo, there are many surprises.  Sometimes I find these little love notes in random places reminding me of how much he cares.  He's such a sweet man.

When I am away from home, he always washes dishes and tidies up the house.  He likes to surprise me with how much cleaning/laundry he's done while I'm away.  It also makes me more motivated to do some cleaning myself instead of being the slob I usually am.

I used to cook all the time.  I remember as a child I was always in the kitchen with my mom learning how to cook and bake and everything.  I would bake cookies, pies, cakes, and all sorts of goodies, as well as cook stews, casseroles, and anything else you'd like to eat.  When I went off to college, I'd cook for my roommates (as much as my tiny budget could afford) and when I married Karen I would cook for her.  Well, we took turns, so I'd cook roughly half the time.  After Karen passed away, I kind of lost the will to cook.  I'd just do short, quick meals such as macaroni and cheese (from the box--yes, I know how abominable that is) or ramen noodles.  Sometimes I'd just grab a quick bite or go to a fast food restaurant.  At any rate, now that I have my Connie Lou with me, I cook for him.  It's so exciting to cook for him and watch him eat.  It makes me so happy.

Having someone to cuddle with while watching a movie or playing a videogame is so nice.  Being able to walk up behind him and surprise him with a hug is fun.  I'm amazed at the plethora of things that release endorphins in my brain simply because they involve my man, such as admiring the peaceful look on his face as he takes a nap or caressing his cheek to feel his stubble.  Just sitting with him and holding him in my arms brings such joy and happiness I can hardly express it.

I love staying up late into the night chatting with him about everything and nothing--about the new Pokémon strategy site he found or stories about each of us coming out of the closet.  I get to hold him in my arms and learn all about him.  We talk about the future, about what we want to do when we grow up.  We talk about the people in our lives--those that we might be able to reach out to and help.  There are so many precious things to discuss--happy things, sad things, things that make us angry.

There wasn't any doubt in my mind before he moved in, but now the evidence is overwhelming--I am in love with that man.  He is so wonderful in every possible way.  He has such a tender and trusting heart.  He is adorable in appearance and mannerism.  My dear Conrad, I love you with all of my heart.

Comments

  1. Simply adorable!! I know exactly what you mean waking up and seeing your love next to you--from the times Jeff gets to spend the night at my place, and all the other things you describe--pure bliss!!
    Hugs,Miguel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate very well to your feelings of bliss. Randal and I have been living together for almost a year (tomorrow, in fact, will be make one year since we've gotten our apartment!) and I have loved every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you! You two are perfect for each other and I'm glad that you guys were able to find each other. Thats funny that your cell phone usage went down by so much. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Anyone is allowed to comment on this blog. As you can tell from reading my blog, I am very opinionated and I'm not afraid to share my opinion. You're welcome to disagree with me as mildly or vehemently as you like, but be aware that I will reply with my own opinions, very strongly. If you don't want that kind of open discussion, or you think it will hurt your feelings, then please avoid posting. I do try to be respectful, but my verbology often comes across as brusque.

Popular posts from this blog

Hitchens v god

I'm rather ashamed to admit that I just recently discovered Christopher Hitchens. And, while I normally add my own thoughts and commentary to videos when I post them here, in nearly every Hitchens video that I've encountered, I have not a single word to add. He is so articulate and does such a good job of presenting his case that I couldn't possibly add anything to it.  I would definitely be interested if any of my readers have any comments to make in regards to what Hitches says in this video. Enjoy.  

Do you really believe?

This is Richard Dawkin's talk from yesterday's Reason Rally in Washington DC.  He makes several good points, but the one that stuck out to me the most was when he told people that they should challenge someone when they say they're religious.  The example he gave is when someone says they're Catholic, ask them if they really  believe that when a priest blesses a wafer that it actually turns into the body of Christ, or that the wine actually turns into his blood.  So, this post will be dedicated to me asking any of my reader base who are religious, do you really  believe what your religions teach? For those who are Christian (any denomination thereof), Do you really believe every word of the Bible to be the word of god?  If so, read every word of the Bible and then come back and answer the question again. Do you really believe that a snake tricked Eve into eating fruit that made her suddenly unfit to live in the paradisiacal garden god had just made for her? Do y

Co-efficiently Co-related

 I'm a fairly reserved person. I don't open up easily to people. I tend to hold my hand close to my chest, hesitant to lay cards on the table. However there have been a few times in my life where I have had a heart-to-heart talk with someone and I find them to be very rewarding. I've been seeing a therapist for over a year now. One thing that I have decided over all the chats I've had with him is that the people I want to spend the most time with are the ones that I feel the closest to. I have many friends (I use the term "friends" more loosely than some, since to me the term "acquaintance" feels very odd) who are fun to interact with, but our interactions are sparse or superficial. I think it's perfectly fine to have these kinds of friendships--in fact, I think they can be very beneficial. But I have decided that for my own well-being, I will not be putting any measurable amount of emotional effort into such a friendship. I want to reserve that