Skip to main content

New Template

So, if you've been reading my blog for a while now, then you know I've kind of tweaked the appearance a little bit.  I really like the new background pic that I added a little while ago.  The one before was really cool too--I love that long black dress coat.  But, I've been keeping a close eye on Blogger's new "dynamic views" and I really like them.  As you can see, I finally caved in and made it the default view for my blog.  I wanted to wait until I could make the text boxes transparent, because I didn't want to obstruct the view of Conrad's beautiful face in the background picture.  So, now that I have discovered how to make the text boxes transparent (or, more accurately, to decrease their opacity), I caved in and changed my template.  I hope you like the new look as much as I do.

Sadly, one of the consequences is that the sidebar, with my blogroll and Facebook link, are all gone.  But, Google assures me that they will have that fixed in the near future, so I look forward to having a sidebar again.

Finally, one of the benefits of this dynamic view is that if you don't like it you can pick a different view from the drop-down list right under the blog title in the top-left corner.  This view is called "Timeline", and there are several others to choose from.  Enjoy.

Popular posts from this blog

What's a gainer?

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest reading my previous post before reading this one.  It's sort of an introduction and gives the motivation.  Also, by way of disclosure, this post is not sexually explicit but it does touch on the topic of sexuality and how that relates to the subject at hand.

So, what is a gainer?  I'll relate, as best I can, the experiences I have gone through myself to help answer the question.  I remember when I was a young boy--perhaps around 6 or 7--I would have various fantasies.  Not sexual fantasies, just daydreaming about hypothetical situations that I thought were interesting or entertaining.  I had many different fantasies.  Sometimes I would fantasize about becoming very muscular, sometimes about becoming very fat.  
These fantasies varied in degree of magnitude and the subject of the fantasy.  Sometimes I myself would change weight--I would become muscular or fat.  Other times, I would do something to make other people fat or musc…

The scientific method vs the religious method

I find it interesting when people cite the fact that science keeps changing as a reason to disbelieve it and to believe instead in the "eternal" doctrines taught by some church or other.  Let's examine why science keeps changing.  Here's the scientific method.

Develop a hypothesis (this means "have a belief").Design an experiment to test the hypothesis.Conduct the experiment.Determine whether the hypothesis is believable based on the results of the experiment. This is why science keeps changing--because people notice flaws in it and correct them.  People once thought the solar system was geocentric, but now know that it's heliocentric.  How did this happen?  By using the scientific method.  Scientists are willing to admit that they're wrong.  They're willing to give up a bad idea when they see evidence that it makes no sense.  Contrast this with the religious method (simplified version). Have a belief.Look for evidence to support that belief.Ignor…

Gymtimidation

Like many of my posts, this one has been floating around in my mind for a couple months.  I know many people avoid the gym because it is intimidating, so I'd like to share my thoughts about this phenomenon.  First of all, obviously going to the gym isn't the only intimidating thing in life, and many of these thoughts are things that easily translate to any other of these intimidating things.

So I'd like to share some of my personal experiences with gyms.  The first time I recall ever going into a weight room to use it was my first year of college.  I had PE classes all through K-12, but I don't remember ever using the weight room--just group sports, etc.  I recall being intimidated by all the machines.  Some of them I could figure out on my own, but many of them I just stared at and couldn't possibly conceive how it was meant to be used.  Fortunately, I occasionally went with friends and one friend was very familiar with all the equipment so he could help.  So, kn…