Skip to main content

Puppy Love

So, I've been making friends on Facebook with some fellow gay Mormons over the past few months.  There's a handful of them down in Texas that I had become really good friends with, so I decided to go down there to visit them.  Hence, the spontaneous trip to Texas a couple weeks ago.

While I was there, I went on a couple dates with Conrad.  It was a magical time.  We went to watch Tangled (did you know it was still in theaters?  We even watched it in 3-D!) and then we went and ate a (really late) dinner together.  It was such a wonderful experience.  We were both alive and excited about the happiness of being together and sharing such precious moments.

The next week, when I came back to the city where Conrad lives, we went to lunch together.  It was so much fun eating with a man that I love so very much.  I loved staring into his eyes and just chatting with him while we were eating lunch together.  I also liked holding his hand and not caring if the whole world saw it happen.  Because I felt something special with him and I wanted to show that affection, even at the risk of people judging us for it.

After lunch we went over to his parents' place so I could meet them.  His dad had to go run some errands, so I didn't get to talk to him much, but his mom is a very sweet lady and we had a nice chat.  Ironically, she was actually watching Tangled when we got there.  She had just rented it.  After that ended, she put in some action movie, I think Skyline or something like that.  That's not my typical kind of movie I like, but it was good to spend time with Conrad and his mom and get to know her better.  She seemed to be impressed with me, and I certainly was impressed with her.  She seems like a great mom and a wonderful, fun-loving lady.

After that, we went and visited one of my old buddies from my LDS mission trip back in 02-04.  That was a lot of fun.  His wife was at a church activity, so he fed us some bachelor food and then we played XBox together.  Then we left there and went to Walmart to buy a board game--Blokus and we went and played that, which was a lot of fun.  I just enjoyed being with him so much that I didn't want the night to end.  I didn't want to say good night.  I just wanted to hold him in my arms forever.  There was something electric between us.  Something so amazing and so wonderful I couldn't ever describe it.  It was such a thrill to be with him, to look at him, and to talk to him.

The next day we went out to lunch, with another guy in the area, and then we went to the LDS bookstore and then the temple.  It was a lot of fun.

Ever since my trip to Texas, Conrad and I have texted and chatted with each other every day, sometimes for a couple hours at a time.  We talk on the phone nearly every day, and sometimes a couple times in the same day.  It's so much fun to talk to him--to get to know him, to talk about nothing and everything.  I find so much happiness in saying the phrase "I love you" to him and I get the same joy when I hear him say it to me.

Whenever I start feeling down or any bad feelings at all, I just think about Conrad and I get a broad smile on my face.  As I was walking down the hallway in the math building just today, a friend passed me coming the other way and he said "You seem rather vibrant today."  It was because I was thinking about my Conrad.  And the other day, as I was walking up the long hill to the math building and up the flights of stairs to my office, I was so elated I seemed to float up the whole way, as if I couldn't even feel the weight of my body as I climbed the hill and the stairs.  I felt quite literally weightless.  It has been a long time since I have felt that many endorphins running through my brain.

My roommate woke up from a nap the other day to find that I had just finished deep cleaning the kitchen--something that was well overdue.  After he recovered from the initial shock, he asked if we were expecting company.  I told him that Conrad planned to visit me for my birthday in two months.  He observed that that must mean that Conrad's a really special person to me.

Love truly is a drug.  Whenever I need a dose of cheer, I think of Conrad, or call him or text him.  It's such a magical feeling.  These words that I have written certainly have not done justice to the feelings that I have in my heart.  But, anyone who has ever been in love with another person knows the feeling that I am describing and can relate to it.  Such a sublime and transcendent feeling.

I cannot believe any argument saying that this feeling I have for Conrad is fake, or evil, or that God would not approve of it.  I cannot believe anyone telling me that it is pure lust or all about sex or that it will never last.  I cannot believe that any bad will come from me pursuing a relationship with someone about whom I can feel these wonderful feelings.  And if he feels the same about me (which I am sure he does), then I cannot believe that I will bring any evil into his life by being in a relationship with him.

Comments

  1. Somebody's in love! Congratulations to you and Conrad. I hope that the two of you will be truly happy together.

    And, never mind the naysayers. True love is a gift from God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any negative or critical comments posted on this post will be deleted. If you have a concern and would like to address to me personally, please email me or send me a message on Facebook and I will gladly get back with you. But this space will be reserved for expressions of happiness and congratulations, not derision and contention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Savior said we should judge all things by their fruits. Having done so here, I am absolutely delighted for both of you and wish for you many, many years of happiness together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know where I stand about this. Good luck, man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't be happier for what was a long time in the making. I for one am sure of the divine purpose of all human relationships, not only those designed for propogation of the human species. If the mere goal of life were procreation, mankind mastered it a long time ago. The challenge is learning to love our neighbor as ourself. You are such a prime example. I can't wait to find love like you have found.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think it will last... J/K! You guys are so CUTE!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Anyone is allowed to comment on this blog. As you can tell from reading my blog, I am very opinionated and I'm not afraid to share my opinion. You're welcome to disagree with me as mildly or vehemently as you like, but be aware that I will reply with my own opinions, very strongly. If you don't want that kind of open discussion, or you think it will hurt your feelings, then please avoid posting. I do try to be respectful, but my verbology often comes across as brusque.

Popular posts from this blog

Hitchens v god

I'm rather ashamed to admit that I just recently discovered Christopher Hitchens. And, while I normally add my own thoughts and commentary to videos when I post them here, in nearly every Hitchens video that I've encountered, I have not a single word to add. He is so articulate and does such a good job of presenting his case that I couldn't possibly add anything to it.  I would definitely be interested if any of my readers have any comments to make in regards to what Hitches says in this video. Enjoy.  

Do you really believe?

This is Richard Dawkin's talk from yesterday's Reason Rally in Washington DC.  He makes several good points, but the one that stuck out to me the most was when he told people that they should challenge someone when they say they're religious.  The example he gave is when someone says they're Catholic, ask them if they really  believe that when a priest blesses a wafer that it actually turns into the body of Christ, or that the wine actually turns into his blood.  So, this post will be dedicated to me asking any of my reader base who are religious, do you really  believe what your religions teach? For those who are Christian (any denomination thereof), Do you really believe every word of the Bible to be the word of god?  If so, read every word of the Bible and then come back and answer the question again. Do you really believe that a snake tricked Eve into eating fruit that made her suddenly unfit to live in the paradisiacal garden god had just made for her? Do y

Lessmons

I was actually very pleased to watch this video ( link here ) about how people are leaving the LDS church in droves, and not because I take sadistic pleasure in seeing the numbers of LDS church membership decrease.  I think that the LDS church does in many ways serve as a positive force in the lives of some of my family and friends, and so I cannot with good conscience take joy in seeing it suffer. But the reason that I can take pleasure in this news report is that, to me, it says that people are thinking for themselves.  They are learning about their church (as I did) and are questioning whether what the church says is really true.  I would definitely recommend this to anyone at any stage in life.  And it's not something that you just do once and you're done.  It's more of an ongoing thing that you should do at every stage of life.  Think about what you believe, why you believe it, and whether it's a good thing to believe--or whether it's a true thing to believe.