Skip to main content

My Savior

There’s someone I’d like to share with you,
Someone who’s dear to my heart.
Someone who you’ll get along with,
Who’ll be a dear friend from the start.

This is a man who has opened my eyes
To the wonderful feeling of love,
A man who has taught the true meaning of peace
From wondrous heights up above.

What’s that? You don’t want him to heal you?
Your wounds are too deep and too vast?
The time and the patience to fix it,
You know that no man would last.

“The time for healing is over.
I love my wounds, let me be.”
But, my dear friend, He will show you.
How to spread your wings and be free.

Do you not see the scars on my face?
On my heart, on my soul, on my mind?
The wounds that I had were more fearsome than yours,
Albeit of exact same in kind.

I stood, long ago, where you stand right now,
Trembling, alone, and afraid.
I thought that perhaps I should give up on life,
That for me this world wasn’t made.

All the lies spread by the devil himself,
“You’re a fool, you’re no good, who loves you?”
Were altogether too real easy to hear,
And slowly, to me, became true.

Do not think that your pain is so foreign, so rare
That no one else can relate.
For this friend that I have relied on so well
Can carry its staggering weight.

Do I know your heart and your mind?
I wouldn’t begin to pretend.
But this man who has been to the grave and returned
Is happy to call you His friend.

He understands, He loves, and He cares.
Even if none else ever will.
I point you to Him, my Savior, my Lord,
Who has swallowed the bitterest pill.

And still, to this day, I remember
The look on his face as he said,
“You, who have been given this beautiful gift,
Go bless the quick and the dead.

“Go be my servant, wherever you are.
Tell of me now and forthwith.
Heal up the hearts that are broken,
Love all your kin and your kith.”

This man who is no more a man, but a God,
Who saved me from pain and from Hell.
Has given me charge to save you, my friend,
And see your heart healed as well.

My heart has no room now for malice or fear,
No room for abandon or hate.
All I can feel in my renewed soul
Is the thought “Did I get here too late?”

Have I come here, dear friend, with a moment to spare
Before you are lost to despair?
Will you trust me and show me the wounds to bind up
Or inquire “Why weren’t you there?”

My love is not perfect, it has so many flaws.
I cannot begin to compare.
But remember, my friend, it’s not about me,
It’s all about He who is fair.

My Savior, so gentle, so wise, and so kind
Will bandage your wounds just as mine.
He loves you, He knows you, He wants you to feel
His peace and compassion sublime.

Now, my dear friend, will you shrink, will you pause?
Have I shown you my Friend standing near?
If trust Him you can, then heal you He will,
And take away all of your fear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hitchens v god

I'm rather ashamed to admit that I just recently discovered Christopher Hitchens. And, while I normally add my own thoughts and commentary to videos when I post them here, in nearly every Hitchens video that I've encountered, I have not a single word to add. He is so articulate and does such a good job of presenting his case that I couldn't possibly add anything to it.  I would definitely be interested if any of my readers have any comments to make in regards to what Hitches says in this video. Enjoy.  

Do you really believe?

This is Richard Dawkin's talk from yesterday's Reason Rally in Washington DC.  He makes several good points, but the one that stuck out to me the most was when he told people that they should challenge someone when they say they're religious.  The example he gave is when someone says they're Catholic, ask them if they really  believe that when a priest blesses a wafer that it actually turns into the body of Christ, or that the wine actually turns into his blood.  So, this post will be dedicated to me asking any of my reader base who are religious, do you really  believe what your religions teach? For those who are Christian (any denomination thereof), Do you really believe every word of the Bible to be the word of god?  If so, read every word of the Bible and then come back and answer the question again. Do you really believe that a snake tricked Eve into eating fruit that made her suddenly unfit to live in the paradisiacal garden god had just made for her? Do y

Co-efficiently Co-related

 I'm a fairly reserved person. I don't open up easily to people. I tend to hold my hand close to my chest, hesitant to lay cards on the table. However there have been a few times in my life where I have had a heart-to-heart talk with someone and I find them to be very rewarding. I've been seeing a therapist for over a year now. One thing that I have decided over all the chats I've had with him is that the people I want to spend the most time with are the ones that I feel the closest to. I have many friends (I use the term "friends" more loosely than some, since to me the term "acquaintance" feels very odd) who are fun to interact with, but our interactions are sparse or superficial. I think it's perfectly fine to have these kinds of friendships--in fact, I think they can be very beneficial. But I have decided that for my own well-being, I will not be putting any measurable amount of emotional effort into such a friendship. I want to reserve that